Giving young people a head start.
Passion. People. Prosperity.
It’s how we work. It’s who we serve. It’s why we’re here.
Saving up for that first car? Looking to graduate from university with as little debt as possible? Starting a plan to get the home of your dreams? Libro can help!
No matter what stage you’re at, it’s never too early to begin planning for financial happiness. Our Libro Coaches are here to help you get a head start on your prosperity journey.
Libro's student award program supports youth who demonstrate outstanding commitment to their community while balancing academic success. At Libro we know that by supporting these young leaders everyone wins.
It's a Money Thing
When you're 17-25 managing your money can be tough! You're balancing everyday expenses while thinking about your financial future.
It's a Money Thing™ resources can help you understand your grown-up piggy bank.
It's a Money Thing™
The Go Free Bundle
was designed with you in mind.
Libro Credit Union is proud to offer the Go Free Bundle, a package of free products and services for Owners ages 13 to 25. Designed with you in mind, the Go Free Bundle includes service-charge free chequing and savings accounts, electronic banking and more!
This no fee card has a credit limit of $500 to $2,000. If you are a student between 18 and 25 enrolled in a post-secondary institution, this MasterCard® has everything you need. A student MasterCard® has no annual fee and is a good way to establish a credit score.
Libro has financing options to help cover the costs of post-secondary education, for students in universities, colleges and apprenticeship programs. The Student Line can be customized so students only borrow what they need when they need it.
Ways to bank
One great thing about life today is that you have so many options for communicating, managing your affairs and staying on top of your financial well-being. Of course, that's also the challenge; with so many options, which ones do you choose?
Every Libro account comes with...
- Direct Deposit - You can authorize your employer or other agency to forward your pay directly into your credit union account, so you have access to your money sooner.
- Libro Card & ATM Network - Libro Credit Union is part of the Exchange ATM network, which is one of the largest in Canada. Use our branch & ATM finder to find the one of 4,000 ATM's closest to you.
- Personal Coach - The Libro Contact Centre has a team of experts to help Coach you from a distance. You can contact them over the phone, through online banking's Secure Messaging or using our contact form.
Money Smarts means
knowing more about your money.
Savings helps you get what you need short term for that super-sweet shoe sale next month, or long-term for spring break plans next year. You can have as many savings accounts as you need.
Learn about savings tips (PDF)
Your credit rating is one of your most valuable assets and is based on how you have handled debt in the past. Building and maintaining a good credit rating is part of securing a sound financial future for yourself.
It's important to learn how to handle your money so you're not short at the end of the month. It’s a great habit to plan your spending. Download our Spending Plan to make sure you'll have money when you need it!
Download a spending plan (PDF)
Student Survival Kit
- Ontario Tuition Grant - Ensuring that post-secondary education is accessible and affordable for Ontario’s undergraduate students by helping eligible students pay for their tuition.
- Bill's Hangar - The best time to learn anything is when you're young - and money is no different. That's why Libro created the very popular Bill's Hangar. Children can play games, share ideas and it's all in support of financial literacy.
- Personal Chequing & Savings Products - If you're over the age of 25, check out our full range of chequing and saving products for you.