Summer thrills on a balanced budget
July 17, 2014
School’s out and the temperature is rising – there’s no denying it anymore, summer is here! It’s that time of year where people want to get outside, enjoy the beautiful weather and see what southwestern Ontario has to offer but how do you do that without breaking the bank? Here’s a list of fun, family friendly activities that are easy on the wallet:
- Visit a farmer’s market – enjoy fresh, local food for less than a grocery store.
- Many beaches charge for parking now so if you’re looking for a quick way to cool off check out community pools and splash pads in your area.
- Spend the day hiking and exploring a local conservation area or provincial park.
- Check out festivals and celebrations near you – you can have a bite to eat or find something unique from one of the vendors.
- Have a picnic in the park – bonus points if your lunch came from a farmer’s market.
- Want to see a movie? Check out what’s playing at the drive-in or look for an outdoor movie night. Libro is hosting an outdoor movie night at Canatara Park in Sarnia on August 19.
- Visit your local library for some new reading material – the perfect way to spend a rainy summer day.
- Host a bonfire in your backyard. Roast hotdogs, make s’mores, tell ghost stories or have sing-alongs around the fire.
- Wake up early and do some yard-saling. Remember the saying – one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.
- Play tourist for the day – check out local shops, restaurants or cafes in a city or town near you.
Your Libro Coach or local branch is there to help you manage your financial needs and family budget this summer. Whether you need to explore a new mortgage, learn more about investment planning, or plan debt reduction, be sure to connect with us in person or at the branch, by phone, or via e-mail.