Sponsorships & Donations
in southwestern Ontario
At Libro we understand that growing prosperity is about more than financial transactions and balance sheets. It involves all of us coming together to make a collective impact for the region.
Libro invests in our communities through a number of great programs and initiatives, including sponsorships, donations and in-kind contributions.
Decisions on sponsorship and donation are made at the local level - to ensure we are meeting the unique needs of each community we are part of. If your event, activity or program aligns well with our program, we'd like to hear from you.
Opportunities that help to grow prosperity and focus on economic development, money smarts and encourage youth leadership are strong fits for our program.
- Supporting entrepreneurship, small enterprise and co-operative start-up;
- rural and agricultural development planning and revitalization;
- food security initiatives;
- and advancing research and innovation to improve regional economic development projects
- Supporting programs that build financial knowledge and confidence of individuals and families through every stage of life;
- assist economically disadvantaged people to build financial assets;
- build financial capability of people and families to adopt or improve good financial behaviours;
- and advance research and innovation to improve financial literacy initiatives
- Supporting youth entrepreneurship and job creation, opportunities for youth in farming and other rural activities, youth leadership and career skill development
Important Information to keep in mind
- Libro Credit Union accepts sponsorship and donation applications year-round.
- We appreciate having as much lead time as possible. The greater the notice we're given, the better decisions we can make regarding your application. Typically 4-6 weeks is required.
- Previous sponsorship support by Libro Credit Union does not guarantee approval of your application, and not all eligible requests can be funded.
- We also invest in southwestern Ontario communities through the Prosperity Fund annual granting program focused on the three areas mentioned above, economic development, money smarts and youth leadership - check it out to see if your program or initiative might be a good fit.
Ineligible applicants or projects
- Not aligned with Libro values
- Individual or private business applicant
- Projects and programs take place outside of southwestern Ontario
- Funding the request would attach significant legal exposure or financial risk to Libro credit union
- Partisan or religious event or purpose
- Deficit or debt reduction
- Retroactive expenses
- Ongoing operational or core expenses
- Endowment matching grants
Apply for Sponsorships & Donations today.Apply online
Looking to apply for our annual granting program? Apply for the Libro Prosperity Fund.
How to apply
This application will walk you through a series of questions depending on the type of request you are making:
- Support for a project or initiative (Select this option if your organization is requesting our support for a short-term or ongoing project/ initiative)
- Support for an event (Select this option if your organization is requesting our support for an event, such as a sports tournament, a dinner or gala, or any other type of community event)
Some of the factors considered in local decision making include:
- Overall fit with Libro’s sponsorship and donation program and focus areas
- Level of impact on communities in southwestern Ontario
- Metrics for success
- Opportunity to share the Libro story through marketing and media opportunities
Once you’ve decided you’re interested in applying, view the application guidebook for:
- Tips on using the form
- A list of frequently asked questions about the application form
- A list of the application questions
When you start a new application you will be assigned an Application ID and Password.
Once your application is submitted you will receive a confirmation email. Within 4-6 weeks you will be contacted by a Libro Credit Union staff member at the email or phone number listed in your application.